Training Camp Road Trip – New York Giants
Big Blue rolls into the Queen City to start the 2015 season
The New York Giants arrived in Cincinnati for a a pair of joint practices prior to this weekends pre-season game against the Bengals.
Eli Manning looked to be in mid-season form with very solid passes to his healthy stable of receivers including Victor Cruz and Odell Beckham Jr, and the defense even without Jason Pierre-Paul and Prince Amukamara held their own against an improving and potent Bengals passing attack.
Notes from Training Camp:
- The throng of Giants media almost tripled the number of reporters seen at a normal practice session. It’s not the number one media market for nothing.
- Over 2200 fans enjoyed a beautiful summer afternoon to see the two squads square off. All Bengals practices had been open to the public with free admission.
- Giants rookie tackle Ereck Flowers is going to be an absolute star. Footwork still needs some polishing, but I am ready to see the big man work against some very talented defensive lineman Friday night in Cincy.
- The running back crop with Andre Williams, Shane Vareen, and Rashad Jennings could really give this offense a boost it so desperately missed in 2014.
- Best players I saw on the field were Landon Collins and OBJ, both going thru their first true preseasons camps. Collins is a rookie, and Beckham missed all of the 2014 preseason with a hamstring injury.