Mock Draft 1.0
It’s early January, but the mocks never stop
The best time of the season has come, draft season has started for most NFL fans. Undoubtedly this list is going to change as the combine, pro days, etc take place, but here is my initial 1st round mock draft.
1. Tennessee Titans: Joey Bosa DE Ohio St.
For me Bosa makes more sense, they already have Taylor Lewan so I don’t see the Titans using their first overall pick on Tunsil who could end up playing the right tackle for them. Bosa will impact that defense immediately, sounds like the pick for me.
2. Cleveland Browns: Paxton Lynch QB Memphis
Sounds like the Browns are choosing between Lynch and Goff. I think there are better quarterbacks available but at the moment it sounds like they are leaning towards Lynch.
3. San Diego Chargers: Laquon Treadwell WR Ole Miss
The chargers have plenty of holes but with Phillip Rivers’ career coming to an end soon, they need to get his as many weapons as possible. Treadwell makes perfect sense.
4. Dallas Cowboys: Jaylon Smith LB Notre Dame
STEAL alert! Smith is the best player in this draft when healthy, the Cowboys aren’t as bad as they played with Romo out. Jerry Jones walks out with a steal in Smith.
5. Jacksonville Jaguars: Vernon Hargreaves CB Florida
The Jags are becoming a good team and Hargreaves will only help with that growth. Can’t miss, number one cover corner here would be a perfect pick for Jacksonville.
6. Baltimore Ravens: Jalen Ramsey DB Florida St.
Ramsey’s ability to play safety will help Baltimore immediately, could also play some nickle corner when needed. Ravens hit a home run with Ramsey, immediate impact player.
7. San Francisco 49ers: Jared Goff QB Cal
Still think there are better QBs out there, but it sounds like if he is there, Goff is the pick for San Fran.
8. Miami Dolphins: Laremy Tunsil OT Ole Miss
He could go in the top 5 but if Tennessee doesn’t bite I can see him falling this far. Don’t bank on it though.
9. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Shaq Lawson DE Clemson
Clemson just breads amazing defense players. Add Shaq Lawson to that list. He’ll make a major change to how well this defense will get to the passer.
10. New York Giants: DeForest Buckner DE Oregon
New York lacks a consistent pass rush, they have bigger holes, but Buckner is one of the better players left and fills an immediate void. Makes for a simple pick.
11. Chicago Bears: Ronnie Stanley OT Notre Dame
STEAL alert! Do not be surprised if Stanley goes in the top 5, just gut feeling here. He is my #1 OT though, so I like him more than where I have him slotted.
12. New Orleans Saints: Darron Lee OLB Ohio St.
Great in the rush game, can cover in the pass game, and more importantly gets to the passer. Just what the Saints need.
13. Philadelphia Eagles: Taylor Decker OT Ohio St.
Pass rush is their biggest need but at 13 I don’t see someone who can help them immediately. Decker will help sure up the offensive line, not what they want, but what they need.
14. Oakland Raiders: Mackensie Alexander CB Clemson
The Raiders will be a team to be reckoned with next season. Alexander or LSU’s TreDavious White, I see them leaning towards the Clemson product.
15. St. Louis Rams: Connor Cook QB Michigan St.
Absolute home run for the Rams. Cook and Hackenebrg are my two top guys. Cook is the Rams franchise QB they have been looking for.
16. Detroit Lions: Robert Nkemdiche DT/DE Ole Miss
Someone has to take the chance. The Lions could use the help, why not?
17. Atlanta Falcons: Vonn Bell S Ohio St.
I’m throwing something at the wall here, I love Bell, I think he’s going to shoot up draft boards, Falcons need safety help, perfect fit.
18. Indianapolis Colts: Jack Conklin OT Michigan St.
Andrew Luck’s organs are bleeding, they must start to protect him better. Conklin could be the start of that process.
19. Buffalo Bills: A’shawn Robsinson DL Alabama
Rex Ryan goes defense. Who would have guessed it?
20. New York Jets: Shilique Calhoun DE Michigan St.
The Jets defense just keeps getting scarier.
21. Pittsburgh Steelers: Tre’Davious White CB LSU
White can get on the field immediately and help this Steelers team immediately. Safe pick.
22. Seattle Seahawks: Ezekiel Elliott RB Ohio St.
At first I though wide out, but the Seahawks will probably be without Lynch next season. Who better to replace him than Zeke?
23. Green Bay Packers: Myles Jack LB UCLA
STEAL. If healthy, Jack would solidify that aging linebacker core in Green Bay. Great pick.
24. Kansas City Chiefs: Jeremy Cash S Duke
Eric Berry is set to hit free agency, could go offense here, but Cash is a safe pick.
25. Washington Redskins: Josh Doctson WR TCU
YOU LIKE THAT?
26. Houston Texans: Reggie Ragland LB Alabama
I’m not saying Ragland will be there, I just got here and he was still on my board. Perfect fit for Houston.
27. Minnesota Vikings: Corey Coleman WR Baylor
Best receiver on the board, that simple.
28. Cincinnati Bengals: Noah Spence DE/LB Eastern Kentucky
Intriguing prospect here, seems to fit with team need. I like it.
29. Denver Broncos: Vadal Alexander OT LSU
Whomever plays quarterback for the Broncos next season will need to be protected better. Alexander was the best tackle left in my opinion.
30. Arizona Cardinals: Leonard Floyd LB Georgia
Arizona really has no holes, they will go with what they think is the best left on the board.
31. Carolina Panthers: Jason Spriggs OT Indiana
They need offensive weapons but the offensive line isn’t great. Safe pick here with Spriggs.
Forfeited Picks: New England Patriots