Final 2018 Mock Draft
It’s Draft Week!
This is the final mock draft for 2018, to see how this mock has evolved you can read versions 1.0, 2.0, or 3.0. Again, this is a projection of who will go where, not who is the best player in the draft, for that ready my Top 100.
- Cleveland Browns: Josh Allen QB Wyoming
It could still be Darnold, but everything is trending towards Josh Allen.
- New York Giants: Saquon Barkley RB Penn St.
Rosen or Darnold would make sense but they’ll make one more run with Eli.
- New York Jets (via Colts): Sam Darnold QB USC
Best QB left on their board. Simple as that.
- Cleveland Browns (via Texans): Bradley Chubb DE NC State
Pair Chubb with Myles Garrett and you have one of the best pass rushes in the league.
- Denver Broncos: Josh Rosen QB UCLA
Perfect fit. Replicate what Chicago did with Trubisky and Glennon with Rosen and Keenum.
- Indianapolis Colts (via Jets): Quenton Nelson OG Notre Dame
Best player on the board for them who may be able to help protect Andrew Luck.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Derwin James S Florida St.
Tampa is kind of a dumpster fire. James can be for them what Jamal Adams is for the Jets. Culture changer.
- Chicago Bears: Denzel Ward CB Ohio St.
Last year I thought they would take Lattimore, don’t mess this one up too.
- San Francisco 49ers: Tremaine Edmunds LB Virginia Tech
Edmunds can play a lot of different spots. Versatility will help his stock.
- Oakland Raiders: Roquan Smith LB Georgia
Smith can play on day one and be an impact player. Oakland isn’t too far away from success, Roquan can speed that up.
- Miami Dolphins: Vita Vea DT Washington
Quarterback makes sense here but I think the value with Vea paired with the departure of Suh makes this the pick.
- Buffalo Bills (via Bengals): Baker Mayfield QB Oklahoma
I’m a Mayfield guy, he’ll succeed wherever he goes.
- Washington: Derrius Guice RB LSU
Washington is in need of an impact runner like Guice. Perfect fit.
- Green Bay Packers: Minkah Fitzpatrick DB Alabama
Fitzpatrick slides here to Green Bay and they’ll run to the podium to select him.
- Arizona Cardinals: Calvin Ridley WR Alabama
Sutton would be my pick here but whomever they deem is the #1 WR on their board will be the pick.
- Baltimore Ravens: Mike McGlinchey OT Notre Dame
It’s not sexy but it’s smart. It’s a long term investment that will pay dividends when they do find Joe Flacco’s successor later on down the line.
- Los Angeles Chargers: Da’Ron Payne DT Alabama
It’s a need and the value here is solid. Not much more to say.
- Seattle Seahawks: Isaiah Oliver CB Colorado
I like this corner class and Isaiah Oliver is one of the guys I really like. The departure of Sherman opens this door.
- Dallas Cowboys: Courtland Sutton WR SMU
I love this pick for Dallas. He’s better than Dez is now and he’s cheaper and younger. Perfect pick.
- Detroit Lions: Marcus Davenport DE UTSA
Pass rush is a major need and maybe he’s not there yet but the ceiling is super high on Davenport. Bank on the potential.
- Cincinnati Bengals (via Bills): Will Hernandez OG UTEP
Hernandez will open up lanes for Joe Mixon and will have a very long career in the league. Good value pick and it plugs a need.
- Buffalo Bills (via Chiefs): Maurice Hurst DT Michigan
Receiver could be the pick here but the value fits and now they have two immediate starters. One on each side of the football. Good day for Buffalo.
- New England Patriots (via Rams): Lamar Jackson QB Louisville
They traded for this pick for a reason. No Jimmy G or Brissett. Bill goes and gets his next guy after Brady.
- Carolina Panthers: Mike Hughes CB UCF
Carolina could also go wideout here but they are really thin at corner. Hughes could be the best corner on that roster on day one.
- Tennessee Titans: Harold Landry DE Boston College
Tennessee is another team that aren’t too far away from success. Those new jerseys are hideous but this pick is great.
- Atlanta Falcons: Taven Bryan DT Florida
Atlanta has been trying to sure up that defensive line for years. Taven Bryan may be the missing link.
- New Orleans Saints: Sam Hubbard DE Ohio St.
I could see wideout or tight end here but I think Sam Hubbard would make more sense. They’ll go TE or WR later. Plus all New Orleans does is draft buckeyes.
- Pittsburgh Steelers: Jaire Alexander CB Louisville
I’m a Jaire Alexander disciple. I’m not sure corner is an immediate need but good teams go BPA when a need isn’t there.
- Jacksonville Jaguars: DJ Chark WR LSU
Great combine and let down by lackluster QB play at LSU. Chark will be a really good NFL receiver like the last few guys to come out of LSU.
- Minnesota Vikings: Isaiah Wynn OG Georgia
Plug and play. Not a team that has a lot of holes. Really good fit and value.
- New England Patriots: Leighton Vander Esch LB Boise St.
Another linebacker that can play multiple positions. Bill gets a swiss army knife.
- Philadelphia Eagles: Sony Michel RB Georgia
Dynamic playmaker who can catch the ball and run between the tackles. A young dynamic team like the Eagles could utilize him well.