Mock Draft 1.0
2019 is on the clock
Mock Draft 1.0
- Arizona Cardinals: Nick Bosa DE Ohio St.
The pick everyone is placing here because Bosa is one of the more NFL ready players in the class. I think Kliff and co may look to move this pick to a team in love later in the process with one of the QBs.
- San Francisco 49ers: Devin White LB LSU
There’s a few places SF could go here but I think the departure of Reuben Foster opens up the idea of snagging the uber talented LSU product Devin White.
- New York Jets: Josh Allen EDGE Kentucky
The Jets are moving in the right direction and Josh Allen would be another young piece to add to the young puzzle.
- Oakland Raiders: Greedy Williams CB LSU
The Raiders need a lot of help, like a lot. Greedy is a phenomenal young player and a shutdown corner. Pass rush is a need they should also try and address.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Deandre Baker CB Georgia
Tampa’s defense needs a lot of things, a corner is one of them. Deandre Baker is one of the best in the class.
- New York Giants: Quinnen Williams DT Alabama
We’ve been here before, everyone says Dave Gettlemen and co have to grab a QB early and they don’t. Williams will slide in immediately and make that front seven a lot better.
- Jacksonville Jaguars: Kyler Murray QB Oklahoma
Many believe Jacksonville is a quarterback away from super bowl contention. I’m not so sure about that and I don’t believe there’s a sure-fire thing at QB in this draft. If one team needs to take the swing, it’s Jacksonville.
- Detroit Lions: Clelin Ferrell DE Clemson
Pass rush is a need in the motor city and Clelin Ferrell brings quite a motor with his game. There’re a few options here but I think Ferrell would be a wise pick for the Lions.
- Buffalo Bills: Jonah Williams OT Alabama
Not sexy, not a cute pick, but smart protection for Josh Allen.
- Denver Broncos: Daniel Jones QB Duke
I have not a clue what John Elway will do with this pick or in free agency when it pertains to upgrading the QB position. Daniel Jones just strikes me more of the Elway type than Haskins.
- Cincinnati Bengals: Jawaan Taylor OT Florida
One of the more versatile offensive linemen in the draft. Can play almost anywhere and the Bengals need immediate help on the O-line.
- Green Bay Packers: Rashan Gary DT/EDGE Michigan
Any way the Packers can get to the quarterback would be greatly appreciated.
- Miami Dolphins: Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio St.
I still believe in Ryan Tannehill but I’m not sure the Dolphins do. They may look to trade up to get the guy they love or wait and take the best one left.
- Atlanta Falcons: Ed Oliver DT Houston
A guy who was once thought to be a top five pick now slides to Atlanta at 14. If he could pan out and that defense could stay healthy, they would be very scary.
- Washington: Greg Little OT Ole Miss
I genuinely have no idea what Washington will do here, Alex Smith is a massive question mark for them. They add some O Line depth here in my first mock.
- Carolina Panthers: Cody Ford OT Oklahoma
Another smart but not sexy pick.
- Cleveland Browns: Byron Murphy CB Washington
The Browns are in a very good spot right now. They’re young, dynamic, and they finally have their franchise QB. Some depth in the secondary would help them a ton.
- Minnesota Vikings: Jeffery Simmons DT Miss. St.
Best player available. That should be Minnesota’s motto, for the record that should be every team’s motto.
- Tennessee Titans: DK Metcalf WR Ole Miss
Add Metcalf on the opposite side of Corey Davis and you have a dynamic, young core of receivers for a mediocre quarterback to work with.
- Pittsburgh Steelers: Jachai Polite EDGE Florida
The Steelers are a mess.
- Seattle Seahawks: Christian Wilkins DT Clemson
Wilkins is a smart young player who can immediately step in and help the interior defensive line of the Seahawks.
- Baltimore Ravens: AJ Brown WR Ole Miss
The other Ole Miss wide out who we thought was the better of the two pre-season falls to WR needy Baltimore at 22.
- Houston Texans: Nasir Adderley S Delaware
Houston gets a senior with great instincts to solidify the back end of that defense.
- Oakland Raiders (via Bears): Montez Sweat EDGE Miss. St
They now have the corner in Greedy and the pass rusher in Sweat. This would be a good start for Oakland.
- Philadelphia Eagles: Josh Jacobs RB Alabama
He’s not my RB1 but Philly could use a work horse back to take some pressure off the passing game.
- Indianapolis Colts: Dre’Mont Jones DT Ohio St.
This would be a steal for Indy.
- Oakland Raiders (via Dallas): N’Keal Harry WR Arizona St.
Three picks, three needs filled, and good value attached to all the picks. This would be a good day for Jon Gruden’s Raiders.
- Los Angeles Chargers: Deionte Thompson S Alabama
I was tempted to put a QB here but I’ll go best player available that fills a need.
- Kansas City Chiefs: David Montgomery RB Iowa St.
My RB1 and one of the only needs on this KC team.
- Los Angeles Rams: Dexter Lawrence DT Clemson
I just like this fit.
- New England Patriots: Drew Lock QB Missouri
Another QB who might take over for Tom Brady when he decides to hang up the cleats.
- Green Bay Packers (via Saints): Noah Fant TE iowa
I assume they move on from Jimmy Graham this offseason so Noah Fant might be the replacement.