2020 Mock Draft – 2.0
After the Combine, here’s how I’ve got them going
Now that the NFL Combine has wrapped up and Free Agency is in full swing, here is my NFL Mock Draft 2.0. If you missed Mock Draft 1.0, fear not fam. I got you. Lets go two rounds deep.
- Cincinnati Bengals: Joe Burrow QB LSU
This one is a no brainer at this point. Joe Burrow is a franchise quarterback and as good a prospect at the position I have scouted in my time. He’s a culture changer, a leader, a clutch player, and everything you want in a franchise quarterback.
- Washington: Chase Young EDGE Ohio St.
Miami could potentially move into this spot or to number three, but I don’t do trades in my mocks so I’m going with Chase Young here. Now there has been some talk that new head coach Ron Rivera may go quarterback here, but I do not buy it. I could see them make a move for Cam Newton on draft night, but this pick won’t be in play. Young is a stud and a cornerstone you can build your defense around for the next ten plus years.
- Detroit Lions: Jeff Okudah CB Ohio St.
Miami WILL trade up to this spot, no doubt in my mind. I think the Lions could trade back and try to get Herbert, but in this scenario, they get the best corner in this class by a mile. I haven’t seen a corner like Okudah since Marshon Lattimore came out of Ohio St. and he has my highest grade I have ever given a corner. Okudah is a true man to man corner with good ball skills and high-level instincts.
- New York Giants: Mekhi Becton OT Louisville
This one is tough, the Giants have plenty of needs, but protecting Saquon Barkley and Daniel Jones must be at the top of that list. There is a few linemen they could go with here but I am going with my favorite and the guy with the highest ceiling in my opinion in Mekhi Becton. Most importantly he possess a big frame and is great both the run and the pass game.
- Miami Dolphins: Tua Tagovailoa QB Alabama
Tua will not be there at number five. He will go to Miami in all likelihood at the number three selection. All signs this week point to his rehab going very well and that is great news for Tua and the Dolphins. Tua is a baller and one of the more accurate passers I have ever seen in the college game. He has a mix of Russell Wilson level athleticism and play making ability and the accuracy of Drew Brees. Miami has their quarterback.
- Los Angeles Chargers: Isaiah Simmons LB/S Clemson
Okay, here me out, I think the Chargers could move up and get Tua but other than that, I do not see them reaching for Herbert at number six. I think they would take the best player available once Tua goes and try for Eason or Love later in the first or early in the second. Isaiah Simmons is a playmaker and a guy you can play at different levels and positions on the field. I think the Chargers would be hard pressed to pass on him.
- Carolina Panthers: Derrick Brown DL Auburn
Matt Rhule makes his first draft selection as a NFL head coach and he could do a lot worse than Derrick Brown. Great in against the rush but a super rare talent in the middle in terms of impacting the pass game. Triple teamed a times, let that sink in, unheard of. Whether they move from Cam or not, Brown is a cornerstone and someone they can build around on the defense.
- Arizona Cardinals: CeeDee Lamb WR Oklahoma
Maybe I am putting too much into how much say Kyler Murray may have in bringing his old friend to Arizona but hear me out. CeeDee Lamb is already close to Kyler and would absolutely shine in Kingsbury’s system. One of the best after catch guys in the class and would be the number one once Fitz decides to hang it up.
- Jacksonville Jaguars: CJ Henderson CB Florida
CJ Henderson won’t have to move too far away in this scenario. Jacksonville is tearing it down it appears and trying to rebuild around Gardner Minshew and they need a corner to replace somewhat of what Jalen Ramsey was to that defense. I love CJ Henderson and this may be a little rich to some people but I love this scenario for Jacksonville. Henderson has ideal size, he’s my CB2, and he could start day one.
- Cleveland Browns: Jedrick Willis Jr. OT Alabama
The Browns need offensive line help, bad, literally I think whomever they deem is the best tackle on the board will be the pick. Simple as that.
- New York Jets: Andrew Thomas OT Georgia
The Jets are in a similar position to the Browns. They have a young franchise quarterback who they need to protect for a long time. Andrew Thomas was solid in the best conference in football. Plug and play day one.
- Las Vegas Raiders: Jerry Jeudy WR Alabama
I’m not sure Jeudy will make to number twelve come draft night, but in this scenario Mike Mayock and Jon Gruden run to turn in the card to get Jeudy. Quarterback was a thought here but I think they can give Carr one more season to see what he can do with a revamped offense spear headed by Jerry Jeudy.
- Indianapolis Colts: Jacon Kinlaw DL South Carolina
Here me out Colts fans, why reach here? I’m not sure much separates these quarterbacks. You’re also the favorites to sign Phillip Rivers and you already have Brissett in the building. So, if you have those two you should invest in that defensive line and Javon Kinlaw is a DUDE. I think this is a no brainer for Indy.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Tristan Wirfs OT Iowa
I really think Jameis goes back to Tampa and I think Wirfs would be a steal for Tampa at 14. They invest one more guy into that offense to see if Jameis can be the guy they drafted number one overall.
- Denver Broncos: Henry Ruggs III WE Alabama
Lock, Sutton, Ruggs, and Fant? Yes please! Talk about young, dynamic, and explosive. There are other needs, but they need to invest in the future of that offense and the future success of Drew Lock. I think Ruggs is a perfect fit in Denver.
- Atlanta Falcons: K’Lavon Chaisson EDGE LSU
Chaisson came on late for the Tigers in their championship run this season and he could be the best pass rusher in the class when it all said and done. He can drop into coverage at times if asked to and is elite getting to the quarterback. The Falcons would be insane to let Chaisson slip past them if he is there at 16. He could be what they wanted Vic Beasley to be.
- Dallas Cowboys: AJ Terrell CB Clemson
So what he got torched by JaMarr Chase? Everyone did. Terrell has elite size and plays super physical. Add that to his plus ball skills and the Cowboys glaring need for a corner and I think this is a no brainer. Fulton could also go here but I think evaluators are cooling on him and I think Terrell will get the nod.
- Miami Dolphins (via PIT): D’Andre Swift RB Georgia
Get Tua a weapon. Swift can run between the tackles, he has speed, elite wiggle, and he hasn’t even touched the surface of what he could be in the pass game. I think if you get a QB like Tua, you have to pair him up with a playmaker like Swift.
- Las Vegas Raiders (Via LAC): Patrick Queen LB LSU
I love this scenario for the Raiders. You get Jerry Jeudy my WR1 earlier in the round and you go get my LB1 in Patrick Queen at 19. He’s a rare athlete who can do a ton of things at the position. He’s a true every down linebacker who fits into any scheme. Stud.
- Jacksonville Jaguars (Via LAR): Kenneth Murray LB Oklahoma
There a few places the Jags could go here but I think they continue to build that defense and Kenneth Murray is another guy who can come in and play day one for them. Murray is a three down backer who plays with incredible instincts, great cover guy, and tough enough to stick his nose in the run game.
- Philadelphia Eagles: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
Maybe the most important 40 ran at the combine (4.43) and the Eagles may run to the podium to make this pick. We already knew he was maybe the best route runner in the class and now we know he lives up to his nickname “Jets”. He’s a no brainer for the Eagles here.
- Buffalo Bills: Tee Higgins WR Clemson
One of the better vertical threats in the class I think Buffalo is a great fit for Tee Higgins. Him and Josh Allen would make a compelling combination.
- New England Patriots: Justin Herbert QB Oregon
Okay, I don’t think he falls this far, there’s zero chance. But I have no trades and I think the Pats would be a nice spot for Herbert. I do think Tom comes back and the Pats lack the heir apparent for when Tom Terrific decides to call it quits.
- New Orleans Saints: Kristian Fulton CB LSU
I have no idea where the Saints would go in this scenario. There’s really no WR left worth taking here and corner is a need. Earlier in the process Fulton would not have been here at 24. I love the value, it also allows you to let Janoris Jenkins walk, saving a lot of money in the process.
- Minnesota Vikings: Josh Jones OT Houston
Stop me if you have heard this before, Minnesota needs offensive line help. Jones made headlines at the senior bowl, he is less polished than some guys, but has a very high ceiling.
- Miami Dolphins (Via HOU): AJ Epenesa EDGE Iowa
I love Epenesa and I love the idea of Miami getting him here at 26. You have invested in the offense in Tua and Swift and now you go grab a potentially elite level pass rusher late in the first. Talk about getting ahead of a rebuild.
- Seattle Seahawks: Austin Jackson OT USC
Seattle is another team who is constant need of offensive line help. Enter the big tackle from USC. He can play day one and is an immediate upgrade than much of what they have.
- Baltimore Ravens: Yetur Gross-Matos EDGE Penn St.
I’m a little higher than most on Gross-Matos, he’s a raw kid with a lot of potential coming off the edge. Baltimore could look at a receiver here, or any level on the defense. I just think Gross-Matos would fit in nicely and become a piece they can build around on that defense.
- Tennessee Titans: Jordan Love QB Utah
Jonthan Taylor was a thought here but in the unlikely scenario that Jordan Love falls here, I think it would be hard for the Titans to let him slip any further. They will more than likely bring back Tannehill on a decent sized deal, but they need to have an eye on the future as well. Love has a big arm and even bigger potential. He could sit behind Tannehill for a few seasons and then take over once he is ready.
- Green Bay Packers: Cole Kmet TE Notre Dame
The loss of Jimmy Graham paves the way for Cole Kmet to become Aaron Rodger’s new toy in Green Bay. Not going to do much blocking for you on day one but has an elite ceiling as a pass catching tight end on day one. Let him grow, physically and mentally, into his game and this could look like a big win a season or two down the road.
- San Francisco 49ers: Xavier McKinney S Alabama
McKinney is a very versatile player, as he showed during his time with Alabama. Jimmie Ward is a free agent and could be playing elsewhere next season. So a very logical position for McKinney is in San Francisco if they choose to take him here.
- Kansas City Chiefs: Jonathan Taylor RB Wisconsin
I really like Jonathan Taylor for the defending champs if he falls this far. A corner could also be a look here for them, but Taylor could give them the run game they have been missing since Jamaal Charles’ heyday.
- Bengals – EDGE Julian Okwara , Notre Dame
- Colts (WSH) – WR Brandon Aiyuk, Arizona St.
- Lions – IOL Marlon Davidson, Auburn
- Giants – S Grant Delpit, LSU
- Chargers – CB Jeff Gladney, TCU
- Panthers – CB Trevon Diggs, Alabama
- Dolphins – IOL Cesar Ruiz, Michigan
- Cardinals – DL Ross Blacklock, TCU
- Browns – S Kyle Dugger, Lenoir-Rhyne
- Jaguars – WR Jalen Reagor, TCU
- Bears (LAV) – CB Jaylon Johnson, Utah
- Colts – EDGE Bradlee Anae, Utah
- Buccaneers – QB Jacob Eason, Washington
- Broncos – LB Zack Baun, Wisconsin
- Falcons – LB Jordyn Brooks. Texas Tech
- Jets – IOL Josh Simpson, Clemson
- Steelers – TE Adam Trautman, Dayton
- Bears – QB Jalen Hurts, Oklahoma
- Cowboys – WR Laviska Shenault Jr., Colorado
- Rams – EDGE Josh Uche, Michigan
- Eagles – CB Bryce Hall, Virginia
- Bills – CB Noah Igbinoghene, Auburn
- Falcons (NE) – RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire, LSU
- Dolphins (NO) – CB Damon Arnette, Ohio St.
- Texans – RB JK Dobbins, Ohio St.
- Vikings – WR Denzel Mims, Baylor
- Seahawks – TE Brycen Hopkins, Purdue
- Ravens – LB Malik Harrison, Ohio St.
- Titans – EDGE Darrell Taylor, Tennessee
- Packers – WR KJ Hamler, Penn St,
- Chiefs (SF) – CB Cameron Dantzler, Miss. St.
- Seahawks (KC) – S Antione Winfield Jr, Minnesota